Leaving bag at DEN

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northnorthwest

Service Attendant
As usual, the amtrak website is not precise or clear so I turn to those of you who have begun your trip at DEN in the recent past. Question: Is there a place to store our bag(s) at Denver Union Station prior to our sleeper departure that evening? For example, we arrive at noon that day and can leave the bag someplace where it is secure. And if so is there a fee? What is the exact situation?

Backup question: How early can we check our bags for the eastbound sleeper trip?

THANKS!

As usual, the amtrak website is not precise or clear so I turn to those of you who have begun your trip at DEN in the recent past. Question: Is there a place to store our bag(s) at Denver Union Station prior to our sleeper departure that evening? For example, we arrive at noon that day and can leave the bag someplace where it is secure. And if so is there a fee? What is the exact situation?

Backup question: How early can we check our bags for the eastbound sleeper trip?

THANKS!
No firsthand knowledge, but this claims that Amtrak has temporary bag storage.

http://unionstationindenver.com/more/faq

Where can I store luggage? Are there lockers?

Luggage storage is available for Amtrak passengers only courtesy of Amtrak. Please visit the following link and click “baggage” to learn more.

The standard fee is $4 although it's more at NY-Penn Station where we stored our bags for a couple of hours.

I guess it depends on the station staff, but luggage can typically be checked in up to 24 hours before departure.

Did this last year at DEN, when our eastbound train was delayed.

I don't remember if there's a fee or not. Here's how to find the baggage room: If you're in the rather grand lobby, facing the doors heading to the tracks, go left down a corridor and you'll find a baggage room on your right. This is also where you'd check baggage to be retrieved at the end of your train journey.

I also don't know if they're open all day long. I checked my baggage there mid-afternoon.

Yes there is a fee, a nominal one which involved finding one dollar change which no one seemed to have at the baggage room, so we had to go to the ticket window cashier to make that happen. The baggage storage facility is very convenient..

I did it in June, before heading home I dropped the rental car early before they closed so they woyuld drive me back to the station. Spent the day on the 16th street mall. I believe it was $4.

Not been to Denver lately but have checked bags in Chicago lounge and Portland lounge with no difficulty.

Yes, you can leave your luggage for a few hours prior to your train leaving. I did it a few months ago when taking the CZ Chicago. Left the bag there (just showed them my reservation printout) and then walked downtown for dinner before departure. Don't remember if there was a charge or not, but if so it was at most a dollar or two. But be aware they are very lightly staffed at most times during the day any be prepared to spend a few minutes locating what may be the single AmTrak person in the building and having them unlock the luggage room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back