Life onboard the new and improved Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually no. The Cap Limited is the Amtrak Staff Special connecting Washington DC HQ with Chicago. It was retained instead of the Broadway to make life easier even though it was the poorer performer of the two. :D
Actually Yes jis. ( @ one time it WAS a Good Train!)They've taken the Sightseer Lounge off, use a CCC instead of a Regular Diner, and the OTP is generally Poor.

But I get your point! 😉

Actually Yes jis. ( @ one time it WAS a Good Train!)They've taken the Sightseer Lounge off, use a CCC instead of a Regular Diner, and the OTP is generally Poor.

But I get your point! 😉
If OTP and the presence of a specific type of non-revenue car were a criteria for a train's survival or value, the LSL would have been long gone and forgotten too. For Chrissake it ran without a Diner for over a year at one time during the Diner shortage.

If OTP and the presence of a specific type of non-revenue car were a criteria for a train's survival or value, the LSL would have been long gone and forgotten too. For Chrissake it ran without a Diner for over a year at one time during the Diner shortage.
I agree, the LSL, especially the Boston Section, is treated like a,Step Child too, and for the High Prices charged, it's really just a Greyhound with a Bed now!( although the Boston Lounge is Nice!)

Actually no. The Cap Limited is the Amtrak Staff Special connecting Washington DC HQ with Chicago. It was retained instead of the Broadway to make life easier even though it was the poorer performer of the two. :D
I did not know this, I just know everyone wants the Broadway to be brought back.

If you take a dispassionate look at the state of affairs in this country it starts dawning upon you that we are in the midst of a significant crisis of management. But of course those in the ranks of management or with aspirations to such, tend to try to blame everyone else. :)
Absolutely! For an example outside Amtrak, we pay a waitress $2.50 an hour, hoping she’ll get tips, have an inadequate bus service that takes a long time to get to work, potentially an insecure childcare, and then expect five star service. It’s mentally deranged thinking. When the railroads operated the dining cars we revere as the halcyon days, they had massive crews and strong unions. A Pullman porter had one car, much smaller than a Superliner. Anyone can see that Amtrak trains are obviously understaffed in the OBS area. Long distance OBS jobs are hard work. Maybe some of the service enhancements and higher sleeper fares can support the addition of needed staff. The On Board Service Manager was a good position along with a full dining car crew and some relief in the cafe. A staffing study is definitely in order.

Back