Link to Amtrak COVID check not working

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not particularly worried about it. I’m just wondering what happens if you don’t do it. Iirc there is a way to have a ticket agent read it to you and then it’s checked-off that it’s done. My thought would be to do this when I check into the metropolitan lounge. I am traveling in a sleeper on 59.

I went down to Washington yesterday. I bought the ticket at the station on the app. I didn't even get the text notice that I had to do the Covid check until after the conductor scanned my ticket on the train. I didn't bother with it after that.

Same thing for the return trip, I don't think I even got the notification text. The conductor didn't seem to care about it at all.

Where is this Covid check and how are you supposed to access it? I see it listed on the website but no info is available.
If they're still using it, you will get an email 24 hours before your departure with a link to the checklist. It's just the normal type of questions places have asked before allowing you to enter their establishments. Are you sick now? Have you tested positive within the last xx number of days?, etc.

Today's Silver Star 92 (which I saw not too long ago) has 3 new viewliner (no toilets in roomettes, and 2 public restrooms in the car) and 2 old viewliner sleepers (toilets in roomettes and no public restrooms in the car). The 9210, 12 and 14 cars were new cars and 9211 and 9213 were old cars. If you wish a specific car, I would phone to make your reservation with an agent. I would not ask for new or old car, I would ask for even or odd car numbers. Of course, the current consist can change.
I tried to do the pre trip Covid 19 check for my 91 train tomorrow but it says it has been discontinued
Screen Shot

Attachments

• 79C928CA-33C7-4488-9874-2A277EE42872.png
    79C928CA-33C7-4488-9874-2A277EE42872.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
Back