LIRR Retiree Spouse pass use on Amtrak

• Thread starter Mary M Sabina-Goodwin
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary M Sabina-Goodwin

My 90 yr. old mother is the widow of a retired LIRR management employee with a "Lifetime Rail Transportation Pass" issued by the MTA/LIRR. I will be traveling with her from NYC to DesMoines, IA via Amtrak and would like to know if her pass entitles her to a "seat discount" or free seat on Amtrak. I called the pass bureau #1-800-424-0224 and was advised to go to [email protected] or leave a message. I cannot access the email address given through google web search (it does not exist. Then I called back and tried to leave a message but was told I could not leave a message because the message box was FULL!

Can anyone please contact me with a via email with a phone number I can call to get an answer?!!!

Thank you.

No it's only for amtrak emloyees only .

Maybe now its for amtrak employees, possibly it was changed as I hired in with the penn central which later became conrail and i retired with 39 yrs with the railroad. too bad everynes voice mail is full and they dont clear out their messages so somebody else could leave an e-mail message

My 90 yr. old mother is the widow of a retired LIRR management employee with a "Lifetime Rail Transportation Pass" issued by the MTA/LIRR. I will be traveling with her from NYC to DesMoines, IA via Amtrak and would like to know if her pass entitles her to a "seat discount" or free seat on Amtrak. I called the pass bureau #1-800-424-0224 and was advised to go to [email protected] or leave a message. I cannot access the email address given through google web search (it does not exist. Then I called back and tried to leave a message but was told I could not leave a message because the message box was FULL!

Can anyone please contact me with a via email with a phone number I can call to get an answer?!!!

Thank you.

Long Island Railroad employees do not have pass rights on Amtrak as what is now the Northeast Corridor on April 30 1971 was still operated by the freight railroads. She would be able to get the 15% discout for being over 65. Freight railroad employees and there wives would only get a pass for Amtrak if that railroad joined Amtrak on April 30 1971 the exceptions are the Denver and Rio Grande and the Southern railroad that joined later.

This thread is from June -- highly unlikely the guest poster is still following this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back