Locomotives

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P40Power said:
I actually heard the contrary, the P40s pick up faster.
Agreed P40, I've heard the same myself. Battalion51, whose has a befriended few engineers in the Amtrak Florida crewbase, has also stated that his buddy's report the P40's load faster than the 42's.

Well now that they are probably going to retire the P40s :( , I figure Ill save up my money, buy one like that guy who bought that Operation Lifesaver F40PH up in Portland, have it trucked up here somehow out in the boonies of Western Mass, put it on my front lawn, and paint it in its original paint scheme. Well maybe If I ever win the lottery or something, but till then I can always dream :)

P40Power said:
Well now that they are probably going to retire the P40s :( , I figure Ill save up my money, buy one like that guy who bought that Operation Lifesaver F40PH up in Portland, have it trucked up here somehow out in the boonies of Western Mass, put it on my front lawn, and paint it in its original paint scheme. Well maybe If I ever win the lottery or something, but till then I can always dream :)
I'd love to one day do something like that as well, only with the three prototype Viewliners.

Well, I believe Chirs Fussel, the guy who purchased F-40PH 231 paid about 231. He did though through donations and the locomotive is part of a museum of some sort. Always nice to set goals though. :)

Well I think they got that F40PH for a steal at like 20 grand or something, he has a nice place to park it in his hometown and everything. I wouldnt mind havin an Amfleet in my yard myself, I always thought the Amfleets, especially the Amfleet IIs are the neatest looking cars around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back