Lodging advice for San luis Obispo, Ca

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Webb

Train Attendant
I am contemplating a quick overnight stay in San Luis Obispo, Ca. I would be arriving late (on the Thruway Bus from Hanford) and leaving on the first train in the morning.

Can anyone recommend a safe, comfortable, clean, reasonably to inexpensively priced motel in walking distance to the Amtrak station?

I am contemplating a quick overnight stay in San Luis Obispo, Ca. I would be arriving late (on the Thruway Bus from Hanford) and leaving on the first train in the morning.
Can anyone recommend a safe, comfortable, clean, reasonably to inexpensively priced motel in walking distance to the Amtrak station?
I did the exact same route as you last year. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites at 1604 Monterey Street. It was a bit of a hike (Google maps says a mile) from the station, but wasn't expensive, and it helped me meet a Choice Hotels promotion.

A word of advice: if you are on a San Joaquin to Hanford, don't check your luggage. We got off the train at Hanford. Our luggage continued to Bakersfield. The Hanford agent says that this is a common occurrence. That's the only time Amtrak has ever lost my luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back