Long-term parking at GSC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Planning my next trip from Colorado to California on the Zephyr, I was thinking about catching the train in Glenwood Springs (GSC) rather than Denver. The whole Denver situation is a mess right now, as you know.

I usually ride Amtrak from La Junta, Colorado, ( Southwest Chief) where there is lots of parking and you are welcome to leave a vehicle for a week or so--never any problems.

Before I call the GSC station, I wondered if any forum members had any personal experience or alternate suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

OK, I'll answer my own question. Not too many people here from western Colorado, evidently. <_<

Long-term parking is in some lot about three blocks from the station. No charge, but you have to let the Glenwood Springs PD (970-384-6500) know that you are parking there and give them your travel dates and car description.

I will know more after my next trip on the CZ in September.

OK, I'll answer my own question. Not too many people here from western Colorado, evidently. <_<

Long-term parking is in some lot about three blocks from the station. No charge, but you have to let the Glenwood Springs PD (970-384-6500) know that you are parking there and give them your travel dates and car description.

I will know more after my next trip on the CZ in September.
I was wondering just what the long-term parking is like in La Junta. I'd like to take the SWC+connection to San Diego and back, with close to three weeks in between. I'm in Colorado Springs and would prefer driving my car to a connecting station rather than riding the bus to Raton. I visited LAJ once to take photos but the parking situation's not clear in my mind. Do you have a contact number handy? Actually, what I really wanted was to park in Trinidad -better schedule time for me- but have been unable to get any information on parking there. I know Amtrak has none but was hoping there'd be a garage/lot in town safe to leave my car at. I sent a couple of emails to government sites down there but received no responses.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

I found the local La Junta station info including phone # by Googling:

1 West 1st Street

La Junta

(719) 384-2275

You might try that number during station hours. The agent should have info on local l/t parking. Of course the phone could be call -forwarded to "Julie", but it's worth a try (or several tries). Another option, which could work with the unmannded staions like TRI and RAT, would be to call the local Chamber of Commerce. They may be able to direct you to a local parking lot, business or motel that could accomodate you.

In a similar situation, The CofC at FLG gave me the local Amtrak station phone number (that Amtrak doesn't provide) and that agent provided info on a local city-owned parking lot that allows long-term (up to 15 days) parking for Amtrak pax. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back