Long-Term Parking at Independence, MO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alang

Train Attendant
Will be taking the Missouri River Runner from Independence, Mo to Hermann, MO for the first time next week. How is the long-term parking at the Independence, MO Station? Any additional information regarding the trip will be appreciated. Thank you!

There's only the one parking lot at IND, and it's very small. The station is unstaffed, and the parking lot will be unpatrolled, so you'll park at your own risk. It's not a bad area of town, though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep valuables with you or locked in the trunk, and you probably won't have any trouble.

Hermann is a wonderful vacation spot. The whole town is walkable, and there are several bed-and-breakfasts, antique shops, wineries, and the like. I would not recommend going on a weekend during Oktoberfest, as that's when the party crowds make a mess of the place. Otherwise, it's a pleasant and stress-free town.

I'm going from Ind to Kirkwood for 12 days, will I get towed if I park there for that long?

Probably not. As has been said it is not a staffed station and the parking lot is small and unsecured. Since the City of Indepence owns the station, you might contact the local police Dept. Or chamber of commerce re parking there.

My parents just had their truck broken into at this station. Window busted out and everything from inside stolen. Do not recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back