Long term parking at Temple Texas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmk

Train Attendant
We are going to a convention in Dallas Tx.It is at the hotel which is connected to Union station by a tunnel.I dont like driving in unfamiliar traffic plus the hotel wants $19 a day for parking.We are near Houston Tx. and we were planning to take the bus but that requires getting some one to take us into Houston.Temple Tx is about half way so I am thinking about driving there,and taking the Eagle, and leaving my car there for four days.I know there is plenty parking available but how safe will my car be?I know there are members here who are familiar with the Texas Eagle and know the area.If the Eagle is running late we can pass the time visiting the railroad museum in the old Sante Fe station.Any advice? Thank you.

Cool idea! The old Santa Fe Station belongs to the City of Temple and has many events year round! The Museum is upstairs, open 10Am-4PM Tues-Sat. Very nice experience! There is also a gift shop with refreshments available for purchase!(Google it up for info!)

The Amtrak Station is on the Northern End of the Station , open Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM( or until #21 Arrives, its often late!) On Saturday the Station closes after #22 Arrives and is also Closed on Sundays! No Checked Baggage!The female agent there is very friendly and helpful!

The Parking Lot is large, and lighted! I would park close to the Amtrak Station ( there is an old Depot with Model Trains next to the Tracks)and let the Amtrak Agent know you are leaving your car while gone!There are also nice Parks on both sides of the Station which are used by people so there usually is always someone around!

The Temple Police patrol the lot frequently (the Police Station used to be across the Street)and the Fort Hood Shuttle Van meets both Trains 7 days a week so it should be safe! Just don't leave any valuable items in plain view!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back