Long-Term Parking in Chico (CIC)???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwolf

Conductor
So far my searches have been fruitless...

Just how many parking spaces are set aside for Long-Term (greater than two days) parking at Chico, California? And does anyone here have first-hand knowledge on which ones they are in the parking lot?

I work in Chico, and have had a discussion with the City (who owns the lot) on the topic, but have not gotten a real solid answer yet. One of the City PD officers I work with said it may be best to leave a print-out of your ticket, minus identifying info, on your windshield so as to prove you're an Amtrak passenger... But I'm wary of that as well.

Anyone here have experience parking at Chico for a while?

Thanks!

Last time I looked was shortly before the old coffee house was kicked out and all the spots, including the handicapped spot, were marked for short term or no Amtrak. I personally wouldn't take a chance, all it takes is for some employee of the arts center to decide they want your spot and call the PD. For a couple of nights (under 72 hours), you could park on the street nearby as if you were a resident, you might also be able to make a deal with a nearby tenant who has a parking spot you could sublease. Any chance your employer has a lot where you could stay long term, and you could use a different way to get to the station?

Are you planning on taking the CS or an Ambus? We have free parking at the Ambus stop in Oroville, same place as one of the B-line stops from Chico. Of course, by the time you do all the connections, you probably could have driven to SAC, Davis, or Roseville.

Heya Alice,

I work for the county, so we do have a choice of places around and in Chico to actually park cars. I also have options with my fellow Brothers at Chico FD at Station 1 just down the street, or at a coworkers house that is walking distance from CIC. I suppose it is just the notion for me, that this is an active intercity passenger rail station with long-distance service, there should be long-term parking. In the (hopeful) event of Corridor service at some point from Sacramento to Redding along the line, Chico may become just as popular a station as Davis is. Won't the Art Center love that! :)

Call this a thread for others to use as well. I may have options, but others may not. Being able to park for days on end while traveling should be assured IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back