Lounge, luggage and DC Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jannie

Train Attendant
Travelling via Sleeper (But arriving via the Metro to the Station) Is there a Lounge in Washington DC Union Station and if so a place to leave luggage. What I read on the Amtrak site didn't say exactly that there were coin operated lockers a person could put luggage in. Thank you

Travelling via Sleeper (But arriving via the Metro to the Station) Is there a Lounge in Washington DC Union Station and if so a place to leave luggage. What I read on the Amtrak site didn't say exactly that there were coin operated lockers a person could put luggage in. Thank you
There is an Acela/Metropolitan Lounge at WAS where you can leave luggage (trying to recall from 18 months ago).

There is a lounge, I believe in WUS it is called "Club Acela" It has a place to leave luggage, and while it is not checked in, nobody on this site (that I can recall) has reported a problem.

I used the Club Acela last July and left my luggage there at 11:30 AM, had lunch at Johnny Rockets in Union Station. I layered toured the Postal Museum and a few stores and arrived back at the lounge around 3.

The bags were there just where I had left them and everything was fine. I boarded the Capitol Limited and had a great time.

The baggage storage area is just a closet. Like all other first class lounges there is a desk at the enter way which has a person checking ticket to make sure only passengers with sleeper tickets get in. There is a doorbell next to the large doors going into the lounge. Before you enter ring that bell and you will be let in. Show your e-ticket and your will be allowed in.

The baggage storage is bigger than a closet. Its a big room to store your luggage. Used it many times. Rarely has it been full of luggage. Never a problem leaving my bags. Drinks and small snacks are available in the lounge.

The baggage storage is bigger than a closet. Its a big room to store your luggage. Used it many times. Rarely has it been full of luggage. Never a problem leaving my bags. Drinks and small snacks are available in the lounge.
One mans closet is another mans luxurious Roomette. All is relative. I would venture to guess it was originally designed as a coat closet. But who's to say.

I've never had problem stashing my bags in WAS Club Acela and wandering out for a couple hours. If you throw them on the top shelf people are much less likely to move them around or paw at them plus there is always room up there.

Last Saturday night I stayed at the Holiday Inn next to the L'Enfant Plaza VRE station. Sunday Morning I took the Metro back to Union Station around 730 and arrived at Club Acela before 8 and left my bags. They were still safe and sound when I returned after 3PM. I was thirsty after a walk around the Capital, a visit to the Smithsonian Castle, Air and Space Museum, and the National Gallery. There was no Ice and the Soda machine was busted, so all they had was warm cans of Pepsi. So I had to leave for a run to Hudson news to get a cold drink prior to boarding.

I was; infact, the first person to Check in for the Capitol Limited that day...When I returend the Baggage room was stuffed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back