LSL 48-448

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dedhd

Train Attendant
Looking at travel between Los Angeles and Worc. Ma, one option routes thru Salt Lake City on the Zephyr and the 48 train east of Chicago, the other on the SW Cheif and the 448. Looking at a roomette, would I have to detrain in Albany and then reboard to go from the 48 to the 448, I realize they are the same train however one route is all 48 (SLC one), and the other 48 to Albany 448 from Albany east. this one is cheaper.

Looking at travel between Los Angeles and Worc. Ma, one option routes thru Salt Lake City on the Zephyr and the 48 train east of Chicago, the other on the SW Cheif and the 448. Looking at a roomette, would I have to detrain in Albany and then reboard to go from the 48 to the 448, I realize they are the same train however one route is all 48 (SLC one), and the other 48 to Albany 448 from Albany east. this one is cheaper.
If you're getting a roomette on the Lake Shore; it could be that the cheaper roomette is in the NY part; so you'd have to switch to coach at Albany, whereas the the more expensive roomette is in the Boston section so you could stay in it to Worcester.

The second poster had the info correct but I might point out that since its only 3 1/2 hours from Albany-Worcester a ride in coach isnt that bad if it means you save a substantial amount of $$. Since the Boston part of the train (448) is @ the front and the NYP section(#48) is on the back you'd have to walk a little bit to change cars but since there are two baggage cars on the train if you checked your bags you wouldnt have to worry about them!

Eating in the cafe car is not as great as a diner but the diner goes on to NYP and IIRC as Alan said they are supposed to serve diner to NYP pax but dont know for sure on the BOS section since they just reinstated the real diner to this train? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back