LSL 49 or 449

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLPK

Service Attendant
Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, I was unsuccessful in searching for the topic if it has!

Am curious as to why the LSL now has an additional route number (adding a 4 to the regular route number) -- I assume it's the same train! Yet I can reserve a seat on either one, as separate trains...?... Thanks for explaining to me :)

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, I was unsuccessful in searching for the topic if it has!
Am curious as to why the LSL now has an additional route number (adding a 4 to the regular route number) -- I assume it's the same train! Yet I can reserve a seat on either one, as separate trains...?... Thanks for explaining to me :)
49 is train to new york, 449 is split off section going from renselear to boston.

49 is train to new york, 449 is split off section going from renselear to boston.
Correct. For a while Sharon one had to get off train #49 in Albany and transfer to another train if you wanted to go to Boston. Now Amtrak has once again returned through cars that go all the way from Chicago to Boston, no transfer required. The car your are directed to sit in when boarding in Chicago will take you to Boston when the train is seperated in Albany.

If you are traveling at any point between Chicago and Albany, then you are free to book whichever train has the cheaper price. But if your ultimate destination is either east or south of Albany, then you must book the correct train number, 49 for southern destinations, 449 for eastern destinations.

Correct. For a while Sharon one had to get off train #49 in Albany and transfer to another train if you wanted to go to Boston. Now Amtrak has once again returned through cars that go all the way from Chicago to Boston, no transfer required. The car your are directed to sit in when boarding in Chicago will take you to Boston when the train is seperated in Albany.
Funny, we were just discussing the Boston New York split in Rensselaer just about a month or so ago. Perhaps you and I should discuss more good things for Amtrak and watch Amtrak act on those discussions too! :lol:

NO! DON'T! You'll encourage more Sunset Rants and Weber's Law will get applied too often! :ph34r: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
[Funny, we were just discussing the Boston New York split in Rensselaer just about a month or so ago. Perhaps you and I should discuss more good things for Amtrak and watch Amtrak act on those discussions too! :lol:
Believe me it takes Amtrak probably 6 months to plan this so don't give yourselfs to much credit.

It takes more, than just saying lets uncouple a few cars, and run them to Boston, it takes maintenance planning, car mile allotments etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Funny, we were just discussing the Boston New York split in Rensselaer just about a month or so ago. Perhaps you and I should discuss more good things for Amtrak and watch Amtrak act on those discussions too! :lol:
Believe me it takes Amtrak probably 6 months to plan this so don't give yourselfs to much credit.

It takes more, than just saying lets uncouple a few cars, and run them to Boston, it takes maintenance planning, car mile allotments etc.
Did you hear anything go wizz over your head? It was a joke man, it was a joke! :unsure:

Funny, we were just discussing the Boston New York split in Rensselaer just about a month or so ago. Perhaps you and I should discuss more good things for Amtrak and watch Amtrak act on those discussions too! :lol:
I propose that you both get on with a discussion of high speed tracks to Buffalo, and a daytime train from New York to Atlanta, then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back