LSL Eastbound schedule change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information. Hoping the LSL changes to an earlier Boston arrival time in the near future.

afigg: Thanks for the link! Interesting to read about proposals for the Crescent as well.
You are welcome. For those interested in reading the rest of the Performance Improvement Plan reports, they are available on Amtrak's Reports & Documents webpage under PRIIA Submissions and Reports. These reports were discussed here at length when they were released.

I would regard the reports as recommendations with plans to carry them out when feasible more than just a wish list. Many of the recommended changes have not taken place because of the lack of equipment, issues with the freight railroads over schedules or going to daily service for the Sunset Limited & Cardinal, capacity or schedule issues for commuter railroads, long lead time for issues such as upgrading current equipment (Electronic POS systems) or building a new station in Atlanta. Some of the PIP recommendations have likely been quietly shelved. We will see how many of the PIP recommendations get implemented in 3-4 years once all the new CAF Viewliners are delivered providing capacity for the eastern LD trains and various track & station projects are completed.

Since the change of the LSL schedule to a later arrival in Boston, I have had problems with late arrivals. We go to Boston, from Cleveland, about once a year to visit my sister-in-law in Rockport. That requires a commuter train trip from North Station. Twice in the last three trips I've made, we arrived to late into Boston to catch the last train. Once, Amtrak paid for a cab to get to Rockport. The last time, the conductor basically told me I was on my own, probably rightly so, and I spent the night in South Station.

Since then, my wife flies to Boston while I take the CL to DC, hang around at several bar/restaurants I like and then take train 66 up arriving early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back