luggage storage on Lakeshore Ltd.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie1a

Train Attendant
Taking train from MTZ to NYCity-full bedroom. I know the elevated cars to Chicago have luggage storage downstairs but do not know about the 1 level Lakeshore Ltd. Do the sleepers have a storage area? I am thinking about checking my large suitcase to Chicago but carry it on when boarding the Lakeshore. That will avoid the wait for luggage at Penn station.

The Viewliners do not have a common storage area like a Superliner, but they have a pretty big luggage storage cubby above the door (goes out over the hall). I don't have any problem fitting my larger suitcase in in there.

There are some large storage areas above the sink in the bedrooms on LSL as well as over the doorway. But no other hall areas to store your bags. It is possible to place several medium size bags in that upper storage berths if you have the ability to lift them up there.

You can use the upper berth as a sort of elevator, I've found. The middle detent of the upper berth is right at the level of the storage cubby. It is a lot easier to wrestle a heavy-ish suitcase up onto the lowered bunk, shove the whole thing up to the middle dentent, and just slide the suitcase over into to the cubby, than it is to wrestle it into cubby directly from floor level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back