Lunch on Silver Star out of NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Maned Lion

Engineer
I booked the Silver Star from NYP to ALX on May 10, the key idea being to eat lunch. Is there anything I can do to further my chances of fulfilling this idea?

Lion,

They will seat the sleeper passengers first and then make a call. But be mindful of the "wonderfully working" (sarcasm) PA system, so after they collect your tickets you might want to head up towards the diner or be close by in the lounge. Keep checking if the train (sleepers) happens to be full as because you're disembarking at ALX it will be necessary that you and your gal can get in shortly after the first call is made.

If I get a chance, I will see who the crew is on #98 tomm down here in FL. They will end up as your crew out of NYP on #91 on the 10th. If I know them (one I used to work with), I'll advise the LSA of what your plans are or at least pass it to the coach attendant. I'll PM you if I am successful with that. Good luck and hope y'all enjoy yourselves.

OBS gone freight...

GML - on the CONO I had the Garden Lasagna for lunch. I'm looking forward to getting it again :p

Thanks for the help!

Would it be considered inappropriate to stick my head in the diner once lunch is called and ask if anything is available?

Thanks for the help!
Would it be considered inappropriate to stick my head in the diner once lunch is called and ask if anything is available?

I got this one lol Look for the Steward any time hehehe.

They been pretty good on accomodating these days..... come ride my train 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back