Making purchases with AGR MasterCard for friends...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meme

Train Attendant
Might be a silly question - but has anyone thought of charging items for others to your MasterCard in order to increase your points? Of course, you'd want to be SURE that that relative or friend pays you back (or pays you first) ;) . But I'm considering this since I have some relatives who'll be buying airline tickets for overseas travel. And come to think of it, some others who are buying coast-to-coast domestic travel. Comments?

I always get the money first though! Recently sold my Kansas City Chiefs tickets (season) to some friends. They are about $2000. So I pay for them on my AGR CC, and then they pay me. Its a free 2000 points.

I generally do this when I go out to dinner with friends. Since I rarely have cash on me, I'm almost always paying with a credit card. The others pay for their meal in cash, and I put it all on the card. It works out pretty much the same way. Not quite 12,000 points, but still...

Yes those "Friend Points" can add up fast. Put my golfing buddies greens fees on my card and they just paid me before we reached the first tee. Then my RR group is taking a western excursion on Amtrak and I paid for all their tickets. That gave me a 2 for 1 point total for Amtrak purchases. Another 1200 points. :p

As mentioned before, only with friends who pay ahead of time. Otherwise, a friendship might go out the window over the debt. :eek:

Back