Malaysia Airlines loses contact with Flight - 239 pax/crew

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The circles with the compass rose are indeed VORs. The Red shaded area are special use airspace boundaries. Some are restricted areas, but most aren't. Nothing on the map shows where you can expect radar coverage.

Just heard they expanded the search to Kazakhstan.

Edit: wrong location/spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Malaysia Airlines flight disappearance appears to be deliberate, official confirms

The disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines flight last Friday appears to be the result of deliberate action. That's according to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, speaking to reporters earlier today. Najib stopped short of using the word "hijacking," but instead stated that "evidence is consistent with someone acting deliberately from inside the plane," CNN reported.

That statement follows days of speculation and troubling details about the flight's trajectory after it vanished from air controller screens shortly following take-off. An earlier report from The Wall Street Journal revealed that the flight's satellite communications system continued to send pings for around four hours after the loss of radar contact, raising the possibility that the plane had been intentionally ferried away to a distant location. Subsequent findings honed in on the plane's trajectory, suggesting that it was intentionally flown northwest towards the Indian Andaman Islands — and followed a course that would be well-known to someone with aviation training....

Now, according to Najib and other officials, a growing collection of information has shifted the investigation to focus on a scenario where the plane's disappearance was intentional. According to the Associated Press, it now appears that the plane's last known satellite ping came about seven and a half hours after takeoff, and that the craft deviated significantly from its original trajectory, turning back and crossing over peninsular Malaysia after its transponder was switched off. Sources familiar with the investigation now speculate that one or more individuals with flying experience took control of the aircraft, switching off communication devices and strategically re-routing the plane to avoid radar detection. It's still unclear, however, exactly where the plane was flown following that final point of contact.

Seven and half hours, pull up a map and do the math. Search and Rescue is sometime that simple. That aircraft was going someplace.

It would explain why the phones of pax show them log in to there accounts on messages service.

Time to bump this to a #1 on the CIA, NSA, FBI list of to do things.

Some areas in the oceans are said to be supernaturally charged with vortex energy. I.e Bermuda Triangle . There are such places .
Uh, no not true. That's total pseudoscience.

I think some of those points on the map are military satellite stations (pink no fly zones , military airspace) that send GPS grid coordinates to naval ships and military aircraft and tracking the grid coordinates of the ships and aircraft by satellite .
No, not sure where you're getting that info from, but that's not true either.

If they're really searching in Kazakhstan, then it's nearly impossible to find the plane now. If someone really hijacked and landed it, they probably parked in in a hanger already or camoflaged it.

This is turning very interesting.

If they're really searching in Kazakhstan, then it's nearly impossible to find the plane now. If someone really hijacked and landed it, they probably parked in in a hanger already or camoflaged it.
Any hanger large enough for a 777 is going to be at a major airport with plenty of security, so not a good option unless you're going to suggest a government is behind this. As far as camo goes, that's not going to stop satellites, they see in many different parts of the spectrum.

If that plane's on land it's probably in a bunch of pieces on the side of a mountain some where. Once your hijacking is successful and you're where you want to go, I'm not sure what the motivation would be to go to such lengths to hide the aircraft.

Additionally, it's pretty hard to miss a 777. Also, you need a nice, flat landing strip that's at least 7000 feet in length (1.3 miles). That's why these, "They hijacked it and landed it on a remote island/field," theories don't wash with me. It's not like stealing a prop plane.

Additionally, it's pretty hard to miss a 777. Also, you need a nice, flat landing strip that's at least 7000 feet in length (1.3 miles). That's why these, "They hijacked it and landed it on a remote island/field," theories don't wash with me. It's not like stealing a prop plane.
I'm sure the 777 demonstrated landing distances are shorter than that, especially if low on fuel. Really the bigger limiting factor would be the runway or other surface's load bearing ability. Though in this outlandish scenario where this has happened, I guess whomever's flying the plane wouldn't necessarily care if the wheels sank a little on rollout.

Good article, thanks.

This from the Malaysian Chronicle goes into the political background and includes map with VOR names and details on flight history including strange altitude changes.

Seems the Malaysian PM will resign. And the FBI is assisting Malaysian officials with their inquiries.
I read both the New Straits Times and The Star from Malaysia at least once or twice a week and have looked every day since the plane disappeared (a habit I picked up after spending part of my honeymoon in KL). Nowhere in any of those sources does it mention the possible or imminent resignation of the Malaysian Prime Minister. The source linked in the quote is the only one reporting it. I would discount this until one of the two major English language daily's report this as so.

XHRTSP, I was in the military . This is a satellite/aviation map . I said I think those points on the map are military satellite/radar stations which send GPS grid coordinates to military aircraft and naval ships by way of satellite . The pink circles you're referring to may mean restricted airspace for military aircraft only (No Fly Zones for commercial aircraft ). They also show the range that the satellites cover in circumference according to nautical miles or square miles . The compass points represent their azimuths that is how grid coordinates are calculated at random and the range in circumference is determined . Military and Commercial aircraft operate on different radar, radio, and satellite frequencies and wavelengths . Naval and Commercial ships use different sonar , radio, and satellite frequencies and wavelengths .

I said that some areas of the ocean are said to be supernaturally charged with vortex energy . Here's what I meant , some parts of the ocean floor at certain depths may have heavy mineral deposits that are physically charged enough to scramble the instruments on aircraft and ships . In certain cases this has been annotated and documented , yes even Bermuda Triangle. I said I don't believe this is the case by what myself and others may come to believe . I said I believe this maybe a hijacking by terrorists .

What I'm saying is opinionated not based on fact .
Everything you just said was total garbage. Whatever specialty you were in the military, it obviously didn't qualify you in this field.

Is he really suggesting that the VORs are military satellite/radar stations yadda yadda yadda? Sigh :(
I don't know, maybe this is what happens to you when you have a bad reaction to the anthrax shots...

Additionally, it's pretty hard to miss a 777. Also, you need a nice, flat landing strip that's at least 7000 feet in length (1.3 miles).
That's the recommended length. A 777 can land on much shorter runways if the pilot has balls to do it and/or they don't want to takeoff again. Check out this video, from touchdown at 7:30 in the video to slowing down to taxi crawl speed at 7:59, this 777-200ER (same model as MH370) was (almost) stopped in 3200 feet based on my knowledge of this airport and measuring on Google Earth. If a pilot can do it on regular flight with passengers, a rogue 777 can surely do it in even less.

Yesterday NPR published a map showing some 634 airstrips that are at least 5000' long in the range of MH370. If we assume they can land in 3000-3500 feet, that would add a ton of more possible airstrips.

You don't get to spout pseudoscience and claim technical knowledge you clearly do not have and then run behind the 'it's only my opinion' excuse. You're 'opinions' deserve to be mocked, if only to serve as a warning to others not to go down the same path of nonsense you have.

Back