Man Arrested On Amtrak Train For Assault

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Battalion, here's a story from your neck of the woods.

Putnam County Sheriff Deputies arrested a northbound Amtrak passenger from Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday evening and charged him with child abuse after the child's mother accused him of pushing the little girl into a train bulkhead.

The full story from the Palatka Daily News can be found here.

These damn drunks on Amtrak trains, (assuming he was drunk, it just says intoxicated, I suppose he could be doped up too) it seems to be a problem all over the system. I mean this guy goes around causing trouble throughout the train, probably making a real ass of himself (Pardon the French), ultimately pushing a little gurl into bulkhead!! WOW

Now hes in big trouble, child abuse, assulting police officers! What a moron, see this is what too much booze or whatever will do to ya!!

Reminds me of an incident of a drunk on the Boston Lake Shore two years ago. He gets kicked off for creating a ruckus by the conductor at Springfield one day. The next day he reboarded 449 to continue his trip to Chicago that got inturupted the previous day. He was already hammered when he got on, and had a few more pops on board.

He continued with the same crap as he did the previous day, making a scene aboard. This time he was much worse, and threatened that he had a gun with him. While they were cresting the Berkshires, the conductor made an emergency call to police in Pittsfield and had the police meet the train at the East Street CSX yard to remove him and search his things for a weapon. They dragged him off the train there and discovered no gun but he was in BIG trouble for even threatning that he had one.

Its really pathetic no matter the situation.

Alright Rony! :D Let me say this, there are three Jacksonville Conductors you don't want to mess with, they are DK Lee, Mark Hostetler, and Rony Jacobs. These guys keep their keil most of the time, but when you **** them off you are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E trouble. I know Rony (and his Conductor Frank Garrard) very well, and they are two of the best in JAX. Rony and Frank definitely made the right call here, and I'm glad they did. I'll make sure to talk to Frank about it when I see him on Thursday.

I just checked the Reservations system and 98 actually picked up time between Deland and JAX, even with putting that guy off the train. :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back