Man hit by Acela Express train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like one of my friend's says about getting hit by a train, "It's like touching 480, you only ever do it once."

In school we are taught not to smoke, drink, or do drugs, but never once do they teach to stay off and away from railroad tracks. Many never realize the dangers, especially with trains traveling up to 90+mph.

One of the things that I wish would be a company policy for all railroads is that all employees should be required to give Operation Lifesave classes at schools in particular, but also at other community events such as baseball games, parks, YMCA, or wherever there is a high concentration of people.

And never play near railroad tracks after drinking or doing drugs the end result will not be pretty :)

Opp's...just taking a shortcut :eek: ...even workers must always beware,it's a shame tho.

tp49 said:
And never play near railroad tracks after drinking or doing drugs the end result will not be pretty :)
It's not smart to be near the railroad traks at all, especial with radio headphones on

I agree with all of you, my mom and I were once at a METRA line stop where we were waiting for an Amtrak train. There was one METRA train stopped at the station and a crosswalk to get from one side of the tracks to another. The crossing bells were on but most of the people thought it was from the train stopped at the station. Just as two people tried to run across the tracks another METRA train came barreling on the other track, my mom and I had enough time to flee into the station with the rest of the people, so we didn’t get anything on us. Lets just say that the engine of the train changed from blue, to red. That is something I wont forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back