Map of California Zephyr route?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Yes it's an offline map of the whole United States that I can zoom in on streets and follow the train route. Don't know if that's what you were trying to get me to do but it's okay for me to use. And when I turn on my GPS location I can just follow my blue dot to let me know exactly where I'm at.
That's what I don't get. I gave you instructions to download rectangular sections, but I've never gotten the whole route in a single download. Are you sure the phone is offline, and not connected to either wifi or cell service? Have you tried viewing it in airplane mode? When you go into the Offline maps menu and tap on whatever you downloaded, does it show the entire USA or just the section you had highlighted in the box?

That's what I don't get. I gave you instructions to download rectangular sections, but I've never gotten the whole route in a single download. Are you sure the phone is offline, and not connected to either wifi or cell service? Have you tried viewing it in airplane mode? When you go into the Offline maps menu and tap on whatever you downloaded, does it show the entire USA or just the section you had highlighted in the box?
This is all new to me. I just followed your instructions. I didn't know what was going to happen. Just to make sure I put it in airplane mode it still worked. I turned off Wi-Fi and it still worked.

I’ve used a hand held with road and recreation maps installed that showed everything. But, I’ve used a cheap car GPS that don’t show the track you’re on but everything close by including liquor stores and Pizza joints. Then when I arrived at my destination I used it in the rental car.

I'm hearing a lot of disruptions on the CZ route. I heard about a 14-hour delay today and on the news a windswept forest fire near Colorado Springs. I have a trip this Friday from CHI to EMY. Should I be worried and maybe change to another route to get to San Francisco?

I'm hearing a lot of disruptions on the CZ route. I heard about a 14-hour delay today and on the news a windswept forest fire near Colorado Springs. I have a trip this Friday from CHI to EMY. Should I be worried and maybe change to another route to get to San Francisco?
Colorado Springs is really not near enough to the CZ route to worry about. The bridge in question apparently has been or is close to being repaired.

Back