Maple Leaf arrivals into NYP-Always late>

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Train Attendant
Greetings all,

A while back I posted some questions about the Maple Leaf. Many thanks to all who replied.

I tried reserving my ticket last weekend, but amtrak.com was having some serious difficulties.

I finally was able to make my reservation today, and will be taking my first trip to Canada in May.

I was curious as to the on-time record for this train, especially the return back to New York.

It seems to me that this train is late virtually every day. Some days it's only 15 minutes, but one day week it was over 2 hours late.

My question is, why is this train (TWO-NYP) almost always late?

Bill

I am sure customs has some impact upon the on time performance...
Agree, not from riding the train, but from the delays I am aware of, of buses being seriously delayed crossing that border...

I finally was able to make my reservation today, and will be taking my first trip to Canada in May.

I was curious as to the on-time record for this train, especially the return back to New York.

It seems to me that this train is late virtually every day. Some days it's only 15 minutes, but one day week it was over 2 hours late.

My question is, why is this train (TWO-NYP) almost always late?
If you are looking at the On Time Performance over the past 2 months, the OTP has been poor for the LSL and the Empire Service trains to Niagara Falls. it has been a hard winter along with CSX problems across upper New York state. By May, the conditions should be better, although CSX may still be slow due to freight traffic interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back