MARTA Bus Connection in Atlanta

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the #110 bus stop right at the Atlanta Amtrak station, or is there any significant walking involved? Thanks.
It is right there. If you are going southbound, like to downtown for example, the bus is on the same side of the street as the station,the corner left block.

Depending on where you were on the train, the walk from the train into the station could be longer than from the station to the bus.

Be prepared for a very small station. It freaks a lot of people out. The reason it is small is because it was never built to be a major downtown station, it was built to be a mere suburban stop. As train business declined,it was the only logical facility left to meet Atlanta's meager needs.

Atlanta's two large downtown stations were destroyed soon after Amtrak came into being.

Is the #110 bus stop right at the Atlanta Amtrak station, or is there any significant walking involved? Thanks.
The southbound 110 bus stop is across the side street from the station entrance. I never did find the northbound stop as we arrived when it was dark and my son picked us up so we didn't have to take the bus.

The southbound 110 bus stop is across the side street from the station entrance. I never did find the northbound stop as we arrived when it was dark and my son picked us up so we didn't have to take the bus.

The northbound stop,going away from downtown and the airport. is across the street from the southound stop. That is, across the street from the station.

Right there.

It is all right there.

The northbound stop,going away from downtown and the airport. is across the street from the southound stop. That is, across the street from the station.

Right there.

It is all right there.
The southbound stop is clearly marked as it has a little shelter. I saw no markings anywhere on the northbound side. We crossed Peachtree Street where we waited for my son, never saw a bus, nobody was waiting for one and there were no indications that a stop was there. Obviously it must be near there.

Right there.

It is all right there.
The southbound stop is clearly marked as it has a little shelter. I saw no markings anywhere on the northbound side. We crossed Peachtree Street where we waited for my son, never saw a bus, nobody was waiting for one and there were no indications that a stop was there. Obviously it must be near there.

I can see that, not seeing it about twice a day as I do, that one could miss it.(and in the dark also)

The northbound stop does not have a shelter,just a single pole with a MARTA sign.

It is located at the spot were the highway span over the interstate ends and becomes part of the street again.

It is directly across from the station. But,if I did not live so near I probably would not notice it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Street View is great for this sort of thing. Here's the northbound stop. The red/yellow/blue sign is the MARTA bus stop.

If you circle around you can see the bus shelter on the other side of the street for the southbound stop, and the Amtrak station.

The fare is $2 cash.

Google Street View is great for this sort of thing. Here's the northbound stop. The red/yellow/blue sign is the MARTA bus stop.

If you circle around you can see the bus shelter on the other side of the street for the southbound stop, and the Amtrak station.

The fare is $2 cash.
Thanks also. We were standing right by that Borders and looked south for my son yet didn't see the MARTA sign. I guess in the dark, I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back