Meal schedule on the City of New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackensen

Lead Service Attendant
I'm pretty sure I've seen this question asked and answered before but I couldn't find it through searching. I'm doing a round-trip from Chicago to New Orleans next week on the City of New Orleans in a roomette and I wanted to know two things:

• Is dinner served the first night out of Chicago?
  • Is breakfast served before arriving in Chicago?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this question asked and answered before but I couldn't find it through searching. I'm doing a round-trip from Chicago to New Orleans next week on the City of New Orleans in a roomette and I wanted to know two things:

• Is dinner served the first night out of Chicago?
  • Is breakfast served before arriving in Chicago?

Thanks in advance.
As already answered, yes to both. One note, when I did this roundtrip last month, the dinner the first night out of Chicago was the "Express Menu" (smaller selection, no steak) but coming back the dinner was the full CONO menu that you can find on amtrak.com. Going down you get dinner, then breakfast and lunch. Coming back you get dinner and then breakfast. Don't miss the steak for dinner on the way back. The pancakes and french toast are both great for breakfast.

I just made the trip on CONO north to CHI, and I will note that the breakfast was the "express menu" coming back - which meant they had the French toast, but not the pancakes. I wasn't on it going down (my trip was a multi-city one that involved the Southwest Chief and Sunset Limited as well), so I don't know about that. I will note that the CONO uses a "diner-lounge" instead of the standard diner that most other trains use - which some think is inferior (I didn't notice a huge difference, but I think the full diner may have been slightly better)... Also, on my trip the dining schedule was a bit different from other trains (they had a more limited number of seating times, and for coach passengers there were no reservations).

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back