Meal times on the Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sue

I am wondering if I get on the Zephyr at 2pm in Chicago is lunch over? I arrive in Denver at 7am. Will I get breakfast? I leave Denver to come home at 7pm. Will I get dinner?

Thanks,

Sue

Chicago is the starting point. Dinner will be the 1st meal.

If you get to the diner when it opens, you should have time for breakfast.

I do not know about the eastbound train, so can't answer that one.

Lunch is not served leaving Chicago. The first westbound meal is dinner. Breakfast the next morning starts pretty early. If you are at the dining car when they open, you will be able to get breakfast prior to arrival in Denver.

Coming home the Zephyr leaves Denver at 8:29pm. If it is on-time, you may be able to get dinner at the last seating, particularly if they let you board while the train is in the station. However, if the train is running even a little late, then dinner may be over.

Are you in a sleeper? When I boarded in Denver my sleeper attendant had made reservations for me. If you are in a sleeper you will get dinner... Even if the diner won't seat you your SCA can serve you in your room.

If you are in coach... Chances are all availability will be taken but it's worth going to the diner after departing and ask the LSA.

Lunch is not served leaving Chicago. The first westbound meal is dinner. Breakfast the next morning starts pretty early. If you are at the dining car when they open, you will be able to get breakfast prior to arrival in Denver.

Coming home the Zephyr leaves Denver at 8:29pm. If it is on-time, you may be able to get dinner at the last seating, particularly if they let you board while the train is in the station. However, if the train is running even a little late, then dinner may be over.
If they don't let you board the Zephyr while the train is in the Denver station, do you have jump on (like George Caldwell did through the rear door of the observation car) while the train is winding its way out through Thorton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back