Metro Lounge vs Panorama Lounge ViaRail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
We just had a horrid trip on the EB 27(15), two days with no toilets, our SCA needed a 2 foot crowbar to get my room door open etc etc, so I am feeling a bit negative about Amtrak.

At present I am in the VAC Panorama Lounge and it does not compare well to the Metro Lounges that I am familiar with (CHI, PDX, WAS) There are no comfy chairs, not much in the way of snacks and very little in the way of available 110V outlets. OTOH there are no CHIpersonnel which adds a lot. ln a few days w w'ill checkout the lounge in TWO

.....And an FYI, here's the consist of the VIA #2 the Canadian departing Vancouver on Jan. 18th. (Departed on time at 20:30)

F40PH 6456

F40PH 6451

Skyline 8509 d/h

Chateau Latour d/h

Baggage 8616

Coach 8104

Coach 8122

Skyline 8504

Diner Imperial

Abbot Manor

Bell Manor

Carleton Manor

Thompson Manor

Yoho Park

i too was underwhelmed by the vac lounge (the cookies were good). the panorama lounge in winnipeg is really just a separate waiting area but is very adequate with comfy chairs, cookies, coffee and tea and wi-fi. the lounge in toronto is wonderful. roomy, many separate areas for seating, a bank of computers for pax use, complimentary magazine racks (one french, one english), great selection of complimentary juices, soft drinks, coffees, teas, hot chocolate. nice art work, nice ambience

Yes, the cookies in the VAC lounge were good and also available at times in the Park car on #2. The TWO Panorama lounge was FINE, a bit weak on snacks but after 4 days eating viarails FINE food, I didn't really notice the lack of snacks :giggle: . We were jonesing for Internet and the lounge had it so we were happy campers and I bought a wooden train whistle with which shall torment wifey :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back