Mileage Tracking Template

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sky12065

Conductor
On other threads there have been discussions about tracking the miles you travel on Amtrak. To help me do this I have developed a tracking Excel file that helps do this and automatically calculates the total miles traveled. I also have the calculation fields protected so you cannot accidentally corrupt the formulas. If you would like a copy you can download it from my website by clicking the following link:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EXCEL (xls) AMTRAK-RAIL MILEAGE TEMPLATE

Don't let the form title scare you. If you want to cheat and add bustration miles, feel free to do so! :D

On other threads there have been discussions about tracking the miles you travel on Amtrak. To help me do this I have developed a tracking Excel file that helps do this and automatically calculates the total miles traveled. I also have the calculation fields protected so you cannot accidentally corrupt the formulas. If you would like a copy you can download it from my website by clicking the following link:

Don't let the form title scare you. If you want to cheat and add bustration miles, feel free to do so! :D
How do we get mileage for NEC? I don't see anything in the schedule.

You find mileage for the NEC in the current Amtrak System Timetable starting on page 27 thru page 44.

Last edited by a moderator:

You find mileage for the NEC in the current Amtrak System Timetable starting on page 27 thru page 44.
Thanks Sky. And tip o' the hat for the template.

Nice! I love it. I've been using a text file to keep track...not exactly the best way to do it!

I'm going to move to this. Thanks!

Many thanks for the template. I had a similar one set up but I like yours much better......so will use it and get rid of mine. Thanks again!
You're welcome! One thing I originally forgot to mention was that it has a second worksheet with a list of station codes for those who would rather just use station codes rather than spell out the station name!

Many thanks for the template. I had a similar one set up but I like yours much better......so will use it and get rid of mine. Thanks again!
You're welcome! One thing I originally forgot to mention was that it has a second worksheet with a list of station codes for those who would rather just use station codes rather than spell out the station name!
Cool. Did you code the links from the station codes to wikipedia?

No! The hyperlinks that are there came through with the copy and paste!

Had you noticed that before now?

Had you noticed that before now?
Yes! It wasn't my original intention to have the links but I figured "why not?" and just left them there when I made the worksheet.

Bump - Just in case anyone missed it!

One minor suggestion. If you change the mileage formula in column I from:

=(H7-G7)

to:

=ABS(H7-G7)

then there is no need to order the station mileages with the higher mileage in column H and the lower in column G. The ABS function (absolute value) always returns a positive number even if you subtract the larger mileage from the lesser mileage.

One minor suggestion. If you change the mileage formula in column I from:
=(H7-G7)

to:

=ABS(H7-G7)

then there is no need to order the station mileages with the higher mileage in column H and the lower in column G. The ABS function (absolute value) always returns a positive number even if you subtract the larger mileage from the lesser mileage.
PRR 60,

Thanks for the Excel tip! I've incorporated it into the form and also updated the form to include a hyperlink to Amtrak's page where a copy of the System Timetable can be requested. I also added another hyperlink to a website where train numbers can be looked up along with a few other minor additions!

Here again is the link to download the newly updated (3/14/2009) version:

Bumped for newer AU Members who might be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back