Miles: United to Continental to AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunNut

Service Attendant
I just transferred 20K miles from my CO OnePass to AGR. I plan to book a bedroom on the Coast Starlight LAX - PDX. A friend wants to make the same trip, didn't have an AGR account, but did have lots of UA miles. I suggested opening an CO account, transferring miles from UA to CO, then transfer the miles to a new AGR account. He has opened both a CO and an AGR account.

Is this do-able? There's more detail, but I'll keep this short and not make this complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just transferred 20K miles from my CO OnePass to AGR. I plan to book a bedroom on the Coast Starlight LAX - PDX. A friend wants to make the same trip, didn't have an AGR account, but did have lots of UA miles. I suggested opening an CO account, transferring miles from UA to CO, then transfer the miles to a new AGR account. He has opened both a CO and an AGR account.

Is this do-able? There's more detail, but I'll keep this short and not make this complicated.
No problem at all. The new CO OnePass and AGR accounts should open instantly and provide account numbers. You can link the UA and CO accounts on-line and transfer on-line. The transfer of miles is also instant. The last step is to call OnePass to make the transfer to AGR.

To prevent a minor hassle, be sure the names on the MileagePlus and the OnePass account match. I had one with my middle initial and one without, and it took a call to link the accounts. Also, the transfer into AGR must be completed by December 31. That is the last day for transfers between OnePass and AGR.

Back