MileTrak Express / Pathfinder down for now

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
After applying a mandatory database upgrade tonight, it appears that the database vendor has changed various aspects of syntax such that the pathfinder no longer works properly. I will have to investigate this soon; until it is fixed, the pathfinder will be unavailable.

I would appreciate it if anyone could test their standard MileTrak accounts for any major breaks or bugs in normal operation, now that I have installed this database security patch. Thank you!

Would it be possible to add a "super Train", or "super star" train name? That way you can differentiaite between the unique service.

Amfleet said:
I could not add trips in the multiple database entry. At first I tried adding all my trips and that didn't work and then I tried adding one trip and it still didn't work.
Thanks Jon. Looks like I've got quite a task ahead of me for the next day or two. :(

engine999 said:
Would it be possible to add a "super Train", or "super star" train name? That way you can differentiaite between the unique service.
Don't the "super" trains go to the same places as the individual Silver Service trains?

Well the supertrain had picked up the stops served by the meateor that were not served by the star along the stars route. So its a tossup, but i think it would be neat of you could add a supertrain option in.

engine999 said:
Well the supertrain had picked up the stops served by the meateor that were not served by the star along the stars route. So its a tossup, but i think it would be neat of you could add a supertrain option in.
That was never an acutal name, it was still called the Silver Star. Just noted by the Amtrak people as the Supertrain.

Amfleet said:
engine999 said:
Well the supertrain had picked up the stops served by the meateor that were not served by the star along the stars route.  So its a tossup, but i think it would be neat of you could add a supertrain option in.
That was never an acutal name, it was still called the Silver Star. Just noted by the Amtrak people as the Supertrain.
Yeah, but it would be nice if there was a way to differenciate between the normal star and the abnormal one.

How's the MileTrak coming along Anthony? A lot more work than you envisioned at first? :unsure:

Hi guys. sorry for the problem with MileTrak :( Amfleet is right, I am on vacation.

I will be back early this coming week and will deal with it upon my return. :)

OK - back home now and will try to look into this in the next couple days.

thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

-Anthony

The MileTrak Express portion ("pathfinder") is now back up and running (admittedly, the fix took two minutes. i feel bad for not looking at this a month ago). I'm now going to look at the MileTrak Classic portion to see what the problem is there.

I've posted a maintenance screen for the time being. If you're curious about what's going on and haven't yet read the incorrectly posted :lol: messages in the Four Connections thread, that's the place to look.

Okay, I'm going to upgrade to the latest gamma release of mySQL to see if maybe the problem with the system right now is in fact a bug in the current server.

The new release of mySQL (4.1.4-gamma) has somehow fixed whatever bug a prior release introduced that broke the Pathfinder. :D

So, that's back up for now, and works in all modes (including three-connection).

Now, I have to see about the MileTrak Classic mode. I'm just so glad to have the Pathfinder fixed, because I really thought it was something I was doing wrong, when in fact it was a database server bug that was out of my control.

:)

Back