Milwaukee Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLPK

Service Attendant
I notice there are 2 Milwaukee Stations... one at the airport and one downtown. I assume that it would be best to take a shuttle from Amtrak to the airport in order to rent a car, but perhaps someone has a different suggestion? Thanks in advance :)

I notice there are 2 Milwaukee Stations... one at the airport and one downtown. I assume that it would be best to take a shuttle from Amtrak to the airport in order to rent a car, but perhaps someone has a different suggestion? Thanks in advance :)

If you are catching a plane at the airport, you can ride the Hiawatha to MKA (Milaukee Airport) and the shuttle will come and pick you up for free--show him your train ticket to ride. Otherwise, there is a sign in the station with a phone # you can call and they will come and get you. The airport station is only about 4-5 years old, small but very nice.

if you are in downtown Milwaukee, it is still probably cheaper to ride to the airport by train than it would be to pay for a taxi, and of course, you get AGR points too.

Don't know the particulars of the Milwaukee area, but if you're going to be arriving in town during daytime business hours (maybe 8am-5pm), look into rental car companies downtown. (Go to Google Maps and search for "rental cars Milwaukee WI".) You may save money by renting at an off-airport agency, since they sometimes have less taxes and fees than airport rentals (airports often tack on a concession recovery surcharge and facility fees), but not always (and if the in-town rental rates are higher, that may offset any savings on the taxes). If in-town rates are indeed cheaper, a taxi may not be necessary--often, in-town agencies will have some sort of courtesy shuttle they can pick you up in.

Check out the suggestions I made in the car rental near kissimmee amtrak station thread for some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back