MISSING P42 LOCOMOTIVE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW RIVER GEORGE

Train Attendant
I am happy to report road number 47 back in action on the Hoosier State. Anybody got any information on why it was outta commission?

I am looking for February sighting reports on road number 12, 23, 65, 70, 90, 108, 129, 187, 198, need date, location, and tran number. Off-line email OK.

Thanks.

I think atleast a few of those were locomotives that were screwed up in the Western storms and Amtrak's herculean efforts to bring trains home rather then annul them enroute (some of which, unfortunately, failed anyway)

I believe 90 and 108 have been used on the Vermonter and Springfield shuttle trains recently. I know Amtrak has recently started replacing the original bell with the Electronic bells on the P42DC's. I would assume that the Rehabbed P40DC's with have Electronic Bells. This might be why.

Steve

Thanks for your comments and glad to get the update on the Vermonter. I am told off line that 129 might also be around Springfield as well, but still no definite sighting in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back