Missing points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
Took a one way trip May 4 PVD to NYP. For some reason the points never showed on my AGR. I called AGR and they told me without a reservation number they can't look the trip up.

Rep asked if I paid with a credit card. Yes. But even using that info she couldn't pull it up.

It's not in my email as I used one of those ticket kiosk machines.

Any ideas? Am I really out of luck?

Further info... I also used the Amtrak mobile app for a May 4 trip NYP to PVD. Points not showing on AGR account either. Can't view past trips in mobile app without a reservation number. Ugh.

Do you have any emails or any other record of the purchases? Any email confirming the purchase will contain the reservation number. I've never purchased a ticket using the mobile app, so I don't know if an in-app purchase generates an email.

Shaking my head nope. I've checked everything. Unfortunately I empty my email trash after one day automatic. I been wracking my brain all morning...

I even went into the mobile app to check. There too it ask for the bloody reservation number!! Arrrrggghhh!!

And you know my travel occurred (get this) during the double days promotion LOL!!!

If they can't find it with credit card number you may be out of luck.

When a res is still active, a credit card swipe on their Kiosk is one way to bring up the trip. Probably not possible after this amount of time. I know on the mobile app, "tickets" go away 5 days after the trip.

I just filled out one for my trip on May 20 TRE to ALX on the Meteor--they have never not posted before. The tiny trips I took the next couple of days around Virginia did post, though. And like the OP, the ones that didn't post were double days.

ok--thanks, Steve. This has never happened to me before, so I didn't know which way would be best. I am terrible on the phone--I always say the wrong thing or forget to ask the right question--so avoid it when possible. But I will get my paperwork in order, take a deep breath, and call.

I called AGR yesterday regarding a missing trip I took on 5/20. I was told to wait until 6/10 to call again.

The agent told me that she received so many calls recently regarding missing points. There has been an issue in AGR starting May.

I just checked my transactions page, and points (including the Double Days ones) for my May 20 trip on the Meteor TRE to ALX have been posted. I don't know, however, if it's because I filled out the missing points form or if they were going to post anyway.

(They definitely knew I took the trip, because they sent me an online survey about it long before the points posted--including, interestingly, a separate section at the end about the dining car and whether I would have taken the Star instead of the Meteor if it still had its dining car.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that AGR had an issue with May 2016 travel points. They just fixed that, or manually input all of them.

I just checked my transactions page, and points (including the Double Days ones) for my May 20 trip on the Meteor TRE to ALX have been posted. I don't know, however, if it's because I filled out the missing points form or if they were going to post anyway.

(They definitely knew I took the trip, because they sent me an online survey about it long before the points posted--including, interestingly, a separate section at the end about the dining car and whether I would have taken the Star instead of the Meteor if it still had its dining car.)

Back