Missouri River Runner Schedule Change, Spring 2020

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Cities

Train Attendant
I received an unexpected updated e-ticket yesterday for a trip next month and got to play the "What's different?" game. Looks like Train 311 is leaving at 8:15a instead of 9:15a. Searching amtrak.com, the first date I found with the earlier time is 23 March, and it was still 8:15a when I tried random dates out as far as 05 January 2021.

I'm guessing a new schedule will get published soon? In this case I don't mind the theoretical extra hour in Kansas City!

I received an unexpected updated e-ticket yesterday for a trip next month and got to play the "What's different?" game. Looks like Train 311 is leaving at 8:15a instead of 9:15a. Searching amtrak.com, the first date I found with the earlier time is 23 March, and it was still 8:15a when I tried random dates out as far as 05 January 2021.

I'm guessing a new schedule will get published soon? In this case I don't mind the theoretical extra hour in Kansas City!

So is only train #311's time(which IIRC, is the first MORR train westbound of the regularly 2 scheduled from STL-KC) being adjusted to be one hour earlier, and not the scheduled time for train #313? Interesting, I do wonder if this schedule adjustment is a short term change or permanent change?

I didn't notice any changes for #313 when I was looking.

My first thought was that it would be temporary; I was kind of surprised when I kept checking dates into the future and it didn't switch back. The morning eastbound #314 has already been scheduled at 8:15a, so this change does make the initial departure times the same both directions.

I didn't notice any changes for #313 when I was looking.

My first thought was that it would be temporary; I was kind of surprised when I kept checking dates into the future and it didn't switch back. The morning eastbound #314 has already been scheduled at 8:15a, so this change does make the initial departure times the same both directions.

I see. So I presume I'm right that #314 and #316 going east won't have any time changes, and ditto with #313 going west? Thanks for checking all this, btw. I do wonder if the schedule change for #311 is just temporary, or not.

I also just checked the Service Alerts and Notices amtrak.com page(at https://www.amtrak.com/service-alerts-and-notices ), and see nothing yet posted to reflect any track work that'll be occurring between STL-KC on the MORR route. So if you or anyone else finds out if this schedule change for #311 is temporary or permanent, please do post that here. Thanks.

No update to the schedule on the web site. Same one since 2017. I want to know if the eastbound afternoon train is still the same time. Would make barbecue runs feasible again.

No update to the schedule on the web site. Same one since 2017. I want to know if the eastbound afternoon train is still the same time. Would make barbecue runs feasible again.

For #316, I believe there isn't going to be a schedule change for that train(2nd eastbound MORR train in afternoon), and that it'll remain the same time. It's only #311(1st westbound MORR train), where it'll allegedly run slightly earlier. #313(2nd westbound train), and #314 and #316(the 2 eastbound trains) won't have any schedule changes of course.

There isn't yet an official new pdf timetable on Amtrak's site to reflect the schedule change for #311, but I suspect it'll go up in a week or 2 if the MORR timetable is indeed being slightly changed soon.

Back