Missouri service disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Due to track maintenance, Amtrak service in Missouri between Jefferson City and Kansas City will not be running between November 16-21 and between December 1-8. Subsitute bus service will be operated between Jefferson City and Kansas City, stopping at all intermediate stations. Trains 301 and 306, respectively the Kansas City Mule and the St. Louis Mule, will operate between St. Louis and Jefferson City. Trains 303 and 304, the Ann Rutledge, will run normally between Chicago, St. Louis, and Jefferson City. Westbound trains will operate as scheduled, however up to 90 minutes of delay is expected from the bus operation since the bus has to go between I-70 and the downtown areas in each city. This will be impacting the eastbound/northbound trains, which will have to wait for arrival of the substitute bus.

The above is per the Missouri-Kansas Passenger Rail Coalition (MOKSRAIL).

News stories such as this are subject to the interpretation of the reporter. The source quoted above is a rail passenger organization, which should be in the know about such things. I don't trust the media as much as I would MOKSRAIL to get the story accurate.

But in the interest of fair journalism here, I must say that the Kansas City Star reported yesterday that only the morning trains are affected by this bus substitution. Those would be 301 and 304, respectively the westbound Mule and the eastbound Ann Rutledge. They say that the afternoon trains are unaffected --- the westbound Ann Rutledge (303) and the eastbound Mule (306). Their version of the story follows. Believe who you want to believe.

Odd-looking trainAmtrak will run buses in place of morning trains between Kansas City and Jefferson City for much of the next three weeks because of construction work on the tracks.
Link to this digest article here.

It is just the morning trains.

304 will be running about 3 hours later due to this. 304 and 306 will not be affected. Well not any more than one should expect when trackwork is being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back