Monday 2/10 Wolverine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Creighton

Train Attendant
Waiting in Union Station to board the 7:20 Wolverine to Pontiac. Saying mechanical problems could make it up to 2 hours late leaving Chicago. Nice to text me the delay on my phone- not!

Of course they announce said train. Train pulls into Union Station. Everyone lines up b/c Amtrak employees get them all ready to go. Then they find train wasn't watered. Been standing in a line at Gate D for 40 minutes and beginning to regret not borrowing my Aunt's SUV. At least we get Superliner equipment today.

More Amtrak mechanical department at Chicago not doing their jobs, sounds like. Good grief.

They're turning the train at Detroit and providing alternate transportation for those of us going further. I should have hopped a Metra home and done this another day. On top of all this I have tummy trouble and am becoming more acquainted with the Horizon Fleet bathrooms than I'd like to be. Oh and right now they're having an issue with the CN clearing them into the Battle Creek station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back