more river runner questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marylee

Train Attendant
I'm treating my family to the river runner from KC to STL in July. I was hoping to have around 15 going - I was thinking it would probably be mostly my great nieces and nephews but miracle of miracles all of my siblings, nieces/nephews +all the greats want to go - so there will be 35 of us - ranging from 6 months to 65 (that's me). They had some questions that were easy to answer - bathroom/food - yes - using their electronics - yes - but since I've only done LD travel so far there are some I'm not too sure of the answers. On another thread it was mentioned that Horizon coaches are used. My family wants to know about luggage - we're going to spend 2 days in STL -I know usually it's "if you can carry it you can bring it" and I'm assuming that the seats are like the superliners and that there will be overhead storage. One niece wants to know if she can bring a pack and play? Are there areas at the end of the coach for additional luggage like on the LD's?

I'm wondering about when I order the tickets-will I have to have everyone's name or is there some plan for large groups? Also I see where they have the Trails and Rails - is it only certain times?

I just read Siberiamo (Tom) trip report and it was very informative of what we will be seeing. I really want everyone to have a great time especially the greats -catch them early to love train travel !!

I appreciate all the advice and tips that members of this forum give. Thanks in advance.

A couple of points.

The horizon coach seat pitch is not bad, but less than long distance seating, superliner or amfleet II.

There are luggage racks and open spaces at the ends of the coach where wheel chairs, bicycles, and luggage reside.

Unless things have changed recently, the MO trains only carry 2 coaches plus BC/cafe car. So with 35 I would definitely check with Amtrak's group sales department, if there is such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back