Movies in Coaches

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
Back in 97 on a Crescent trip up to Meridian, they showed movies in the Amfleet 2 coaches on small screens located on the overhead bins. Were these just temporary additions? And if they did indeed remove them...why? It was a nice idea I thought.

Thanks!

Steve in NOL

Well the screens are still there they just aren't used except in Business Class applications (primarily Palmetto bug). The main reason is, well the boys in Sunnyside decided it might be nice if they strip the cars of all the hardware and then sell it for their own personal cash stash. Sunnyside is shall we say notorious for stealing anything and everything. Sunnyside is the reason why only 1 of the train tacking screens of 14 in the Amfleet II lounges work. That's part of the reason we don't think cash registers will last, because someone in Sunnyside will steal it.

battalion51 said:
Well the screens are still there they just aren't used except in Business Class applications (primarily Palmetto bug). The main reason is, well the boys in Sunnyside decided it might be nice if they strip the cars of all the hardware and then sell it for their own personal cash stash. Sunnyside is shall we say notorious for stealing anything and everything. Sunnyside is the reason why only 1 of the train tacking screens of 14 in the Amfleet II lounges work. That's part of the reason we don't think cash registers will last, because someone in Sunnyside will steal it.
What is Amtrak at a corporate level doing about this fraud? Do they know about it?

Well, I can remember the days of movies in the coaches. But for the last 3 or four years I have not seen movies in the coaches, even if there are TV's.

I did see them on one of the coaches a little while ago though. They did not show any movies on them.

Anthony said:
What is Amtrak at a corporate level doing about this fraud? Do they know about it?
While I don't know if it was the entire problem, I seem to recall reading a news story within the past six months, about two or three Amtrak workers being arrested for thefts from the Sunnyside Yards.

Well its something that any on board/ T/E employee knows about. I doubt that anyone at the corporate level, especially at Sunnyside, knows or cares about it.

battalion51 said:
Well its something that any on board/ T/E employee knows about. I doubt that anyone at the corporate level, especially at Sunnyside, knows or cares about it.
I bet they would if they were told? Maybe folks in Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back