MSN - Station Plan Unveiled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wisEBfan

Train Attendant
I really hope the state can get moving on this project (and all others related to extending Hiawatha Service from Milwaukee to Madison) VERY quickly, so it is more difficult (less likely) that a new governor will be able to kill this project next year.

I really hope the state can get moving on this project (and all others related to extending Hiawatha Service from Milwaukee to Madison) VERY quickly, so it is more difficult (less likely) that a new governor will be able to kill this project next year.

AMEN TO THAT!!! Walker will do everything he can to kill it... and I am going to be a strong supporter of Barrett!!!

It will be nice to have rail linking the 2 largest cities in our state!!!

I'm heading to Madison right now as we speak. I'm going to have to check out the location when I get there. Unfortunately I'm flying from Milwaukee to Madison right now. I would love frequent train service to get there. It would pretty much beat flying there!

I'm heading to Madison right now as we speak. I'm going to have to check out the location when I get there. Unfortunately I'm flying from Milwaukee to Madison right now. I would love frequent train service to get there. It would pretty much beat flying there!
And with Hiawatha Service trains stopping at Milwaukee Mitchell Airport (MKA station), you could still fly to Milwaukee and then take the train to Madison.

I spent several summers working with a summer youth organization based in Madison and made numerous trips between North Carolina and Madison from 1998-2004. I attempted all sorts of ways to work the train in..... Amtrak to Chicago and then Van Galder Bus to Madison...... Amtrak to Milwaukee and then Badger Coach to Madison..... fly to Milwaukee and then rent a car or once again take the Badger Coach.

I would have LOVED having rail into DOWNTOWN Madison (as opposed to out by the airport) as an option and will likely make a trip to Madison very soon after they get the trains up and running.....just for the sake of riding the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back