My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- Camping On The Street

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 20, 2016

We had the free breakfast at the hotel & then took the bus to the SNL standby line which is now on 48th street. Louis couldn't get regular tickets so I told him the way to go is to do standby. Its a long story that I wont get into but if you want to know, then please feel free to email Louis at [email protected].

Chris let me borrow one of his camping chairs, which I am very grateful for. Louis & I were #20 & #21 in line.

Louis & I were getting hungry for lunch so I went to Pret. I got an egg & ham sandwich which was really good but messy. Louis went to the corner & got himself a hot dog at one of the hot dog stands.

Our good friend, Mike Streeter stopped by for a visit. He knew we were in line because I emailed him & his awesome wife, Erica to let him know we were there & to stop by if they wanted to. Erica had school so she couldn't stop by but she was for sure missed. Mike took a selfie of me, Chris & Louis to show to Erica. Its an awesome photo. It was great seeing you again, Mike!

After Mike left, Louis & I went to dinner. We had Potbelly. Ive always wanted to try this place & they are beginning to pop up everywhere all over Denver. I had a chicken salad sandwich, which was really good. Louis had a meatball sandwich.

We got back to the line & I chatted with Chris for a bit while Louis had a conversation with two ladies behind us. He was talking to them about SNL & how we met. He loves to tell people how we met, which I dont mind. He also likes to show people my picture of me with Sir Paul McCartney.

At around 11:00 p.m. we got settled & went to sleep. We got up around 5:30 a.m. Went to McDonalds to use the restroom. I also had to take my thyroid medication. We got back to the line & sat for a few hours.

Ticket time arrived at 7:00 a.m. I took #4 dress & Louis took #5 dress. The page signed our names on the back of our tickets. This will be a new experience for me later on.

It felt great doing standby again & hanging out with our friends.

Stay Tuned: Another reunion & hard to say goodbye

Back