My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- Coney Island Baby

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 19, 2016

We decided that this would be the day to sort out the stuff from our two bags to ship home. We kept the stuff that was the most important to bring home with us on the train that has my new hearing aid, camcorder/accessories & very important papers. After we sorted the stuff out, we walked to UPS to mail a box.

Once we got done at UPS, we took the bus to the subway to go on the Staten Island Ferry but when we got to Whitehall Station, the elevator still wasn't working, so we had to go back to Chambers Street & take the bus to the ferry. I wanted to go on the ferry because its a free ride. I also wanted to see the Statue Of Liberty & the Manhattan skyline. The skyline is beautiful.

When we got done with the ferry, we went to Coney Island to eat at Nathan's Famous where they have the best hot dogs. It's also where they do the hot dog eating contest every July 4th. It was very good. I was planning to scratch off something else on my bucket list but it was too chilly to put my feet in the ocean. I also didn't want to have to deal with getting sand in my shoes, taking my shoes/socks on & off.

Stay Tuned: Camping In The Street

Hi,

I have only just read your posts about this trip, so belated birthday greetings to you!

Very enjoyable reading. I like that it is not all about trains too!

I was interested by the title Coney Island Baby...

Did you know that for many years the number one attraction at Coney Island was human babies ????

Amazing! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36321692

Thanks for posting and happy travels.

Ed.

P.S. I was interested that Louis could charge his chair when out and about. Not something I ever thought about before. Is there a public policy about accessible "charging points" in USA ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have only just read your posts about this trip, so belated birthday greetings to you!

Very enjoyable reading. I like that it is not all about trains too!

I was interested by the title Coney Island Baby...

Did you know that for many years the number one attraction at Coney Island was human babies ????

Amazing! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36321692

Thanks for posting and happy travels.

Ed.

P.S. I was interested that Louis could charge his chair when out and about. Not something I ever thought about before. Is there a public policy about accessible "charging points" in USA ?
Thanks for reading & for the birthday wish. He usually charged his chair in places that have outlets.

Back