My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- Hard To Say Goodbye To Another Reunion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 21, 2016

We met our friend, Mark, who came all the way from Michigan to see us which was a surprise, at Tads Steaks for dinner. We chatted about SNL & other things going on in our lives.

Once we got done eating, the three of us walked to Rock Center. Louis & I got ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. Louis also charged his chair & Mark charged his phone.

When they got done charging, the three of us went to the NBC Experience Store & checked in to go up to the studio. The page had leftover standby tickets, so Mark got one. This was my very first time going up by standby. It was an interesting experience.

160 standbys got into dress.

After dress, Louis & I had to use the restroom in the concourse, then we went up to the lobby to try to get into the LIVE show, but didn't happen. That's OK because I was just as happy to see dress.

When the show was over, we waited for the cast with Chris, Max & Mark to come down. Saw everyone except for Colin Jost, Michael Che, Jason Sudeikis & Larry Sanders. Shook hands with Andy Samberg, Akiva Shaffer & Jorma Taccone. Fred Armisen was surprised to see us. Cecily Strong was very excited to see us. Lorne Michaels gave us a big smile. I got a birthday card signed by most of the SNL cast, handed to me by Bobby Moynihan which meant a whole lot to me. Thank you so much, Bobby Moynihan & the cast.

Everyone left so after getting a few updated selfies, the four of us decided to leave too so we said our Goodbyes to Mark & Chris. Miss you guys already. It was hard to say Goodbye to everyone too.

Stay Tuned: Visit the old neighborhood & a White Castle

Back