My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- We Are Home, Exhausted & Missing NYC/Fr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 25, 2016

I woke up when I heard the conductor tell the people in our car that there isn't any water in the restrooms & to not use it. We were only an hour away from Denver but I had to use it. However, when I flushed, it flushed alright, but the sinks had no water at all. I couldn't brush my teeth which drove me nuts.

We pulled into Denver Union Station at 8:00 a.m. We waited for our luggage at luggage claim & then took the light rail home. As soon as we got home, we dropped our luggage off & then went to Walmart across the street to get milk, bread & breakfast cake. Came home to have breakfast & then went to bed.

We were so tired that we slept for 3 hours. We were sort of glad to be home in our own bed & slowly getting back to normal, but we miss NYC & our friends.

After our nap, I did the unpacking & I got that sinking you get when you unpack your bags & know you wont be going back for awhile. Even though we are missing NYC & our friends, I know I will always miss that. The sinking feeling did go away & we are back to normal.

Stay Tuned: Epilogue

Glad you got home safe and sound. I am not too good at unpacking cases when I get home, last week I only just removed the last items from my trip to India, 8 months ago!

Thanks for an entertaining read.

Ed.

Latest posts

Back