Mystery Points Boost Offer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an email yesterday on Amtraks Mystery Bonus Points offer valid until 7/31/23. It looks like Amtrak is offering a "points boost" by providing extra points with each purchase. I purchased 20,000 + 6000 and calculated that the points cost .029 which is really not that great but when FNBO gives an extra 754 points on the purchase it becomes a better deal. BTW, its one point per dollar spent om Amtrak points. So lets do the math. 3354 total points @ $754 = .224 per point. That seems like a fair deal but we need to consider the redemption date.

As I see it, points given by FNBO for the purchase really shouldn't be included in the value calculation, because you'd get even more points from FNBO if you used the same dollars to buy tickets with cash.
That is a very good point but the bottom line is always total cost. You need quite a few points to book a trip. Points on purchases used for tickets should be saving you money but I'll agree not necessarily if you buy them.

Back