Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this an active station RRRick?

And DC Train Enthusiast, here's a photo from Trainweb of the new Back Bay Station from a vantage point similar to my exterior photo. All it needs is a beat up green car at the curb!

boston_backbay2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yemassee, SC is a pretty good guess but not correct. The Yemassee station is not as attractive as is the one I've posted.

The one I've posted has been an active station throughout Amtrak's entire history. It has also been nicely renovated within the last 6-8 years.

We just exceeded 102,000 views on this thread!!
Keep on Posting!!
Dick, how many of those views were yours? I bet a bunch of them were.

Chris, when you started this thread over a year agao, did you think it would go this long and be this popular?

Another clue -

For most of it's Amtrak History, as is now the case, this station has served two trains a day..... one in each direction. The renovation completed a few years ago was funded as part of an initiative of the state DOT. This would, of course, exclude any station in South Carolina.

And we have a winner!!!!!!

RRRick has again correctly identified my station photo. This one is Southern Pines, NC.

Interestingly, for a time in 1978/79 Southern Pines served both the Silver Star and the Champion northbound but only the Silver Star stopped southbound. This quirk became moot when Amtrak's version of the Champion was discontinued in October 1979.

Your turn to post RRRick!

Back