NARP Council Vacancies

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I posted this in another thread, but if you didn't see it...

There are a number of vacancies on the Council of Representatives for the National Association of Railroad Passengers.
http://www.narprail.org/council-of-representatives.html
If anyone is interested in applying, please message me and I can tell you how the process works. It would be great to have more AU members in the group!

ALABAMA (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

ARIZONA (2 Seats)
One Vacancy

CALIFORNIA (12 Seats)
Two Vacancies

GEORGIA (2 Seats)
One Vacancy

IDAHO (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

LOUISIANA (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

MISSOURI (2 Seats)
One Vacancy

NEVADA (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

NEW MEXICO (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

NORTH CAROLINA (2 Seats)
One Vacancy

OHIO (4 Seats)
One Vacancy

TEXAS (6 Seats)
One Vacancy

WYOMING (1 Seat)
One Vacancy

The next NARP Council meeting will be in Salt Lake City October 17-20. Any NARP member is welcome to attend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had the time and money to set up a National Transit Users Coalition to serve the interest of transit riders who want mobility solutions, and not what is effectively a Friends Of Amtrak organization.

I wish I had the time and money to set up a National Transit Users Coalition to serve the interest of transit riders who want mobility solutions, and not what is effectively a Friends Of Amtrak organization.
Specially considering that there are many many more of transit riders than intercity riders in the country.

I'd rather be part of an imperfect "Friends of Amtrak" than to participate in your ridiculous "Enemies of NARP" rebellion. You're free to keep on preaching your incessant diatribes as long as you desire but every time I see your name all I can think of is crazy old William Foster from Falling Down.

falling-down-pic-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an enemy of NARP. Amtrak needs a friends of Amtrak organization, and friends of Amtrak have every right to join and support NARP.

I am an enemy of the fact that people think that NARP is a transit advocacy organization. It is nothing of the sort. It frequently comes out against programs that improve transit mobility, for instance. Especially if the thing dares to consider running rubber tires on asphalt.

I would have no trouble with people joining my transit advocacy organization to advocate for transit and join NARP to advocate for Amtrak. I am not a friend of Amtrak beyond the fact that I think all of its services provide important transit, and I recognize that without Amtrak or a direct successor of a similar setup, that transit will go away.

I think Amtrak is an inherently stupid setup managed by people who do not manage well. I think that regionalization of transit control is stupid. I think there should be a national transit organization in charge of operating a certain level of transit everywhere based upon dictated levels for density. Local and state governments can add to that based on choice to pay for more.

Back