NE Corridor/NS Crescent route maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakCrescent20

Service Attendant
Does anyone know if there are any detailed railroad maps (division maps) of the Northeast corridor and the part of the NS that the Crescent uses? I looked on the NS website to no avail, but I did find a map of the lines in NC on bytrain.org

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any detailed railroad maps (division maps) of the Northeast corridor and the part of the NS that the Crescent uses? I looked on the NS website to no avail, but I did find a map of the lines in NC on bytrain.orgThanks!
I advise using MapQuest and just following the tracks..

You might be able to find maps of various vintages if you search on various railfan web sites. You can find old Southern Railway employee timetables on railfan.net, but these do not have maps on them. In bytrain.org you can even find track charts for the North Carolina railroad portion of the Crescent Route (Greensboro to Charlotte).

You can use google earth very easily for this. You can also go to google earth community and download a file that will add placemarks for all Amtrak stations, including bus stops. you may have to do a little backtracking if you make a wrong turn at particularly complicated interchanges like Atlanta. I actually did this before going from Birmingham to Boston in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back