NE corridor upgrade ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dedhd

Train Attendant
I have a reservation from Bos to NO on sat. I would like to try the Acela as a means of getting to NYP. The 800# told me the difference would be $115 from my ticket. Online it looks as if the difference is more to the tune of $35. Agent on the phone said that is because they would have to re book my whole reservation. Any ideas??

It works out that way because you get a substantial discount on the corridor portion when you buy that in conjunction with an off corridor LD journey. This discount is available only on the Regionals. If you take the Acela you lose that substantial discount. So to make that change they have to reprice your journey into two separate segments, one for the Acela on the corridor and the other for the LD portion off corridor, and price them separately.

According to a Ticket Agent at PHL it is cheaper to Upgrade on board then at the station or on-line or phone. Normal price to Upgrade to a NE Regional from PHL to RTE is $40. If I upgraded at PHL it would have been over 60. On Board it would have been 20-25.

Steve

According to a Ticket Agent at PHL it is cheaper to Upgrade on board then at the station or on-line or phone. Normal price to Upgrade to a NE Regional from PHL to RTE is $40. If I upgraded at PHL it would have been over 60. On Board it would have been 20-25.
Steve
One cannot do an onboard upgrade from a Regional to an Acela.

Steve
One cannot do an onboard upgrade from a Regional to an Acela.
Well, maybe a very good and daring Olympic broad jumper could. :lol:

Do you mean they won't stop in the middle of the NEC and pull an Acela along side matching vestibules before extending a plank across? Darn! :p

Do you mean they won't stop in the middle of the NEC and pull an Acela along side matching vestibules before extending a plank across? Darn! :p
Heh! I have been downgraded that way from a failed Acela to an NJT Arrow, just outside Trenton :)
WHAT? They made you walk the plank, :lol: I thought that was a Hollywood stunt. :rolleyes: Where was I with my camera?

Aloha and Mahalo

Heh! I have been downgraded that way from a failed Acela to an NJT Arrow, just outside Trenton :)
WHAT? They made you walk the plank, :lol: I thought that was a Hollywood stunt. :rolleyes: Where was I with my camera?

Aloha and Mahalo
Yep. Amtrak makes you walk the plank each time an Acela fails en-route :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back