Need expert advise for 4 days on the train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,
I'm away for the weekend using a slow internet connection and came upon this topic too late. I saw your registrations earlier and was confused by the fact that you had more than one. Especially since you used some odd names, like "searching" on one of your registrations. This is typical of spammers unfortunately, and therefore I deleted the registrations. I am sorry. :(

Please accept my apology and if you register once again, I promise I will approve your membership here once I see it. Although please just register once, otherwise I won't know which one to approve. :)
The reason being that I have applied is that after applying, I kept waiting, waiting, waiting and no response;therefore, I applied again. I have other things in my life that spending time using the computer to spam, I am sorry but I do have a life besides traveling by train.

And to those of you that I have attacking spaming you can report to whomever if you can prove that indeed that has been the case enjoye yourselves
Alan wasn't saying you were spamming--he said that some of your registrations came across looking a bit like spam. It's nothing that we, the general public of this board, ever saw--Alan is the administrator of the board.

He also apologized for the delay in approving your registration, since he's been traveling and has limited access.

You didn't do anything wrong--he was just explaining why he missed your registration.

Mike,
I'm away for the weekend using a slow internet connection and came upon this topic too late. I saw your registrations earlier and was confused by the fact that you had more than one. Especially since you used some odd names, like "searching" on one of your registrations. This is typical of spammers unfortunately, and therefore I deleted the registrations. I am sorry. :(

Please accept my apology and if you register once again, I promise I will approve your membership here once I see it. Although please just register once, otherwise I won't know which one to approve. :)
The reason being that I have applied is that after applying, I kept waiting, waiting, waiting and no response;therefore, I applied again. I have other things in my life that spending time using the computer to spam, I am sorry but I do have a life besides traveling by train.

And to those of you that I have attacking spaming you can report to whomever if you can prove that indeed that has been the case enjoye yourselves
Alan wasn't saying you were spamming--he said that some of your registrations came across looking a bit like spam. It's nothing that we, the general public of this board, ever saw--Alan is the administrator of the board.

He also apologized for the delay in approving your registration, since he's been traveling and has limited access.

You didn't do anything wrong--he was just explaining why he missed your registration.
Correct! You didn't do anything wrong Mike.

No one here has accused you of spamming anyone else. Normally I'm able to approve registrations two or three times over the course of the day. Because I spent close to ten hours in the car on Friday, spent most of the day helping to close down a summer camp owned by the Girl Scouts, I had fallen behind on approving registrations. Because you registered twice, which is what spammers tend to do and because you choose odd names (again something that spammers do), I rejected your registrations early Saturday afternoon. When I had some time on Saturday evening to catch up on reading the posts here, I quickly realized my error. Unfortunately I can't restore a registration once it's deleted.

Even if I hadn't deleted the registrations though, I still would not have known which one to approve. So again I do apologize for my mistake and request that you please consider registering one more time. I promise that I won't delete it this time. I will warn you though that I will be on the road again starting tomorrow morning around 9:00 AM EDT, so if you register after that time, you won't get approved until late tomorrow night. So please be patient with me.

And let me tell you that because most BB's have been bombarded with spammers trying to post their crap, most BB's today now work just like this. You register and then you must wait often 24 hours or more, to be approved by an administrator. So even if you decide not to join up with us again, please don't expect an immediate response or approval. It does take time, especially since most administrators can't be on duty 24/7 and most don't get paid for their efforts either. We are just volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back