Net loss of active Superliners

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pismobum

Service Attendant
Finally found pics of the cars damaged in the Somonuak IL #5 car collision 7/13, and it ain't pretty. 32094 and 38059 are cosmetic, but they will be sidelined for a while. 39029 will be on RIP (rest in peace) track for the forseeable future. 31026 snuck out of wreck repair at the Grove and back into service about the same time, but net result is still minus 2 more cars from the fleet.

Are the pics online? Seems odd for there to be that much damage to the train from an auto collision.

I was doing some catching up on the forum and read about this accident. When I took to SWC to AZ in May 2006, we had a derailment in Somonuak with some Express Trak cars tacked on the back of the train. I believe a signal tower was taken out at that time as well. I'm wondering if this place is a jinx for Amtrak? :ph34r:

At first glance it doesn't look like much, but I would want to be near one of those windows that got taken out. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back