New Amtrak "System Timetables"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I really like about the new timetable, aside from it all being together. I immediately noticed the orange arrows---very useful, as Alan said. I like that it shows the prices in an easy to understand format(I think). Showing how they can vary and how important it is to make reservations early. I like the info contained on pages 60,74,86 and such.

The ads are informative and eye-catching, not just junk.

I do like the new format for Silver Service. I find it easier to read down for the whole thing. Granted, you have to turn the timetable at an angle, but I was never comfortable with the old style of jumping over the from the left page to the right.

I think it is good about explaining at a novice level, the differences in style of equipment, type of service, etc that exists in different regions of the country.

Oh, last, but far from least, I did like the forward by David Gunn.

Just got mine in the mail today. Yes, I ordered mmy timetable on-line and got it in the mail. I like that everything is combined in to all one timetable. I'm not sure why others don't like that feature, but it makes it easier for trip planning. For those out west who want to look up a schedule for the northeast have to look no further than their local Amtrak station instead of going on-line. I was also pleased in the promotion Julie got and did anyone notice her new logo? Two thumbs up on this issue if you ask me.

Amfleet brings up a point I forgot to mention--Julie. It is an interesting emphasis on her, but also makes the point that she cannot do everything, like make more complicated reservations. Again, I really loved the new book......so much information.

Now if they would just explain that Julie is ineffective on cell phones that would be nice. :lol: On Saturday I tried three seperate times with full signal to get status info, and every time I got, "I'm sorry I didn't understand." :angry:

battalion51 said:
Now if they would just explain that Julie is ineffective on cell phones that would be nice. :lol: On Saturday I tried three seperate times with full signal to get status info, and every time I got, "I'm sorry I didn't understand." :angry:
I've used my cell phone to get the status of a train from Julie without too much problem. You just have to find a place without too much wind or background noise, since the microphone on cell phones are very sensitive.

That's hard for me since I'm almost always in (what Amtrak calls) "the social center of the train," otherwise known as the lounge. I really only spend extended periods of time in the coaches when I'm power napping.

I just received the cover of my new timetable in the mail. The middle fell out somewhere along the way. :angry:

Well, you can study that cover real well. :lol: Just call Amtrak and order another. Sorry bout that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back